1. Remove your tattoo bandage
Black Bandage: After 1-2 hours. With clean hands, wash your tattoo with antibacterial soap. Pat dry.
Second Skin Bandage: Leave bandage on for 24-48 hours. Bandage may seep under. If bandage starts to seep out, remove it and move to step 2!
2. Allow tattoo to air dry for about and hour then apply a small amount of Aquaphor or an unscented hand lotion.
3. Apply the Aquaphor 2-3 times daily. Just enough to moisturize your tattoo. Do not over moisturize or let get too dry.
4. The tattoo will flake. Do not pick or scratch!
5. Avoid saturating your tattoo in water. Shower is fine but no swimming, baths, hot tubs, etc.
6. Keep your new tattoo out of direct sunlight for about 60 days.
Consult your physician if signs or symptoms of an infection develop.
and answered my many questions with very satisfying answers that provided a lot of insight! She was a thrill to work with and the piece came out even better than I imagined. Seriously book a consultation with her and you'll understand how she can take your idea and bring it to life in a tattoo-able fashion.
put my German shepherd down about a week ago. I knew I wanted a tattoo of her but I wasn't sure exactly what. Kelsey helped me narrow down my ideas and she came up with an amazing crosshatch based on a photo. Couldn't be happier! I'll definitely be back soon!
in November and it's now my go to tattoo shop! Michelle completed a giant tattoo on my back in a reasonable amount of time and exceeded all of my expectations of what the tattoo would look like. I highly recommend going here if you're in Iowa City looking for a tattoo.
Michelle was an absolute pleasure to work with, very kind and fun. Her apprentice, Shawna was very kind and helpful as well. Clean environment, very reasonable prices, informative... I absolutely recommend Velvet Lotus.